Deputy Finance/HR Coordinator at Médecins Sans Frontières
Place of recruitment: Abuja – Workplace: Abuja – Type of Contract: Fixed-term contract of 6 months (Renewable)
Deadline for applications: October 14, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The Deputy HR/FIN Coordinator works closely with the Co HR/FIN to help ensure the proper HR and administrative management of the mission. He/she is the back-up of the HR/FIN Co, able to intervene and assume the responsibilities of the HR/FIN Co when he/she is absent. In addition, the Deputy HRCo:
- is the first-line technical referent in field administrative support for the administration of national personnel (rules, procedures, Homere, etc.)
- is responsible for the daily monitoring and management of administrative files
- advises HRFIN Co and helps ensure compliance with legal obligations in the assignment.
Legal and administrative management
- Ensures the proper management of all contracts (employees, rental contracts, car rental, insurance);
- Be the contact person with the lawyer.
- Follows court cases or court proceedings with the attorney;
- Ensures that all tax, social and labor laws are followed and respected in all administrative matters of the mission;
- If necessary, participates in negotiations for the signing of agreements, MoUs, contracts and ensures that legal requirements and MSF procedures are respected;
- Is the contact person for all authorities for administration-related contacts (ministries, local authorities for tax, legal, labour-related issues) and ensures a good flow of communication with the HR coordinator about these contacts;
- Follows up on mission lease contracts (capital and land) for houses, warehouses, offices (updating and payments).
- Ensures that all contracts comply with the standard and the law. Follow up appropriately and ensure timely renewal if needed.
- Ensures that all MSF properties are insured and closely follows up with the CoTL on all insurance contracts;
- Ensures, in a good document filing system; all agreements (MOU), contracts, employee records in the capital office, for the capital and all originals for the fields International staff HR and administrative management The assistant HR administrative coordinator is responsible for the administrative follow-up of expatriates by supervising the administrative assistant for:
- Visa acquisition and extensions for expatriates
- Travel and expatriate travel
- Planning the implementation of long weekends according to mission policy
- Follow-up of initial, intermediate and final expatriate evaluations National HR and administrative management
- Is the field support for all issues related to the management of national staff;
- Checks recruitment procedures, vacancies, interviews, contract renewals, amendments, end of contracts, etc.;
- Advises the Field Administrator to ensure consistency and objectivity in disciplinary actions and dismissals;
- Oversees administrative management in key areas: local taxation, vacancy notices and recruitment procedures, working time, general management of national and daily human resources; Ensures that all legal and social laws are implemented on the grounds;
- Follows up on the update of organizational charts, job profiles, local rules with the field admin;
- Facilitates the flow of communication between the land and the capital for all legal and administrative procedures, helps to draft documents on this subject if necessary;
JP, Training Evaluations
- Follows the national staff evaluation plan of the mission and makes the evaluations of the personnel according to the administration;
- Prepare and follow the expatriate evaluation plan and ensure that the evaluation was carried out on time.
- Follows the training plan and proposes / seeks training for identified staff;
- Updates job profiles for administrative staff and assists other departments as needed; Foreign Relations
- Facilitates contacts and public relations with all ministries or state institutions related to the administration, such as the Ministry of the Interior;
- Maintains regular contact with other NGOs regarding the administrative procedures implemented by them. Reports
- Compiles status report for HR administration department and monthly HR administration report. Finance and budget
- Compile Monthly Checklist for HR Administration Department
- Compiles and tracks the administration budget for the coordination project location
- In collaboration with HRCo and the HR Manager, compiles and tracks the HR budget for the office
- In collaboration with the HRCo, compiles all HR and administrative budgets for the mission.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree Human resources management, business administration or legal degree.
- 2 years essential work experience in a related position
- Essential computer skills (word, excel and internet)
- People management and development, commitment to MSF principles, behavioral flexibility, results and quality orientation, teamwork and cooperation
Applications must include
Complete CV with cover letter and copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
Updated contact details and ID
Contact details of previous employer(s) for reference.
Interested and qualified? Visit Médecins Sans Frontières on bit.do to apply
Click here to apply